(for the sake of the gospel)
Living this way requires a kenosis mindset (see: Philippians 2:3-11).
Three tensions we must embrace:
- “Culturalizing without compromising”
- “Permeation without contamination”
- “Identifying without losing our identity”
Three challenges for the Church: (as articulated by the late John R. W. Stott)
- Breaking out of the safety of our Christian stockades
- Entering sympathetically into the dilemmas of our contemporaries.
- Applying Biblical solutions to unmask false and harmful ideologies.
What is the gospel? by D. A. Carson – The Biblical gospel