- Be grateful for whatever you have
- Put people first
- Don’t allow desire for possessions to control you
- See money as a resource
- Develop the habit of giving
Thought – “Just the very act of letting go of money, or some other treasure, does something within us. It destroys the demon ‘greed’.” (“Leadership promises for everyday” J. Maxwell)
How then shall we give?
- Quietly (Matthew 6:2-4)
- Wholeheartedly (II Corinthians 8:7).
- Generously (II Corinthians 9:6)
- Cheerfully (II Corinthians 9:7)
- Willingly (II Corinthians 9:7)
- Sacrificially (II Corinthians 9:8)
- Faithfully (I Corinthians 4:2)
- Habitually (I Corinthians 16:2)
- As a first thought, not an after thought (Proverbs 3:9-10; Matthew 6:33)
- To the glory of God and the advancement of His work! (I Peter 4:10-11).
Think about it – “There ought to be things we should like to do and cannot do because our charitable expenditures excludes them.” (C. S. Lewis, Mere Christianity)