If you counsel others, compassion and wisdom require you to counsel them based on the way God created humans as multidimensional beings.
Three dimensions of human life and of the fall
- Physical beings with bodily needs- Suffering
- Social beings with relationship needs-Selfishness
- Spiritual beings with a need for God-Separation
Three dimensions of personhood
- Your intellect (mind, thoughts, imagination)
- Your will (decision-making)
- Your emotions (affections or feelings)
A prayer for the whole person:
“May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through (make you holy in every way). May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept (so as to be) blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ” (I Thessalonians 5:23).
This is a prayer to the God of peace for a total and thorough transformation and for final preservation reaching every dimension of life.
This prayer has led to significant discussion about how we should understand human…
View original post 181 more words