You might be an immature Christian if…
- You rest too much on your observance of Christian duties (ex: Bible reading, prayer, etc.).
- You aren’t able to see the faults in your successes.
- You focus your attention on matters of indifference.
- You neglect your worldly callings.
- You are a respecter of persons.
- You are easily led away into error and various fads.
- You are content with the elementary aspects of the faith.
- You are strong in emotion but not grounded in truth.
- You cannot stand to be argued with or rebuked.
- You trust God for your soul but not your every day life. (From, Borrowed Light)
At some point we might feel the need to challenge ourselves and others with the words of the apostle Paul, “Examine yourselves to see if your faith is genuine. Test yourselves.” (II Cor. 13:5).
3 marks of a true believer in Philippians 3:3
1. We worship (or serve) by the Spirit of God.
2. We rely on what Christ Jesus has done for us.
3. We put no confidence in human effort.