Two forces of movement serve as a helpful illustration of the function of core values and a healthy core group in any organization.
- Centripetal movement/force draws something or someone toward a central point.
- Centrifugal movement/force pushes something or someone away from the center.
Assimilating and Dissimilating dynamics
These forces of movement help us build the interior life of a local Church (or other any other group or organization).
- Centripetal force is an assimilating dynamic. It refers to the centering effects of the core commitments of a core group.
- Centripetal force is a dissimilating dynamic. It refers to the purging effects of the core commitments of a core group.
- Like water draining from a tub, centripetal magnetic effect draws toward a central place with collective motion. In a Church or group dynamic, the core group provides this motion as it holds core beliefs and values and draws others toward them.
View original post 263 more words