- How do you reconcile with someone when you’ve been deeply or repeatedly hurt by him or her?
- How can you rebuild trust when it has been badly violated?
The first and most important step is to confirm the genuineness of the apology and repentance of the one who hurt you.
I am not suggesting that we can expect changes to deeply ingrained patterns to occur overnight. Nor can we easily erase the consequences of deep hurts. But genuine restoration of broken relationships cannot begin apart from the essential attitudes and actions of true repentance. We simply must know what true repentance looks like.
Seven signs of genuine confession and repentance
- Accepts full responsibility for his/her actions (instead of saying, “Since you think I’ve done something wrong…” or “If have done anything to offend you…”).
- Accepts accountability from others.
- Does not continue in the behavior or anything associated with it.
View original post 419 more words