“This is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins” (1 John 4:10).
- “Was it for crimes that I had done?’ he groaned upon the tree…”
- “He took my sins and my sorrows; He made them His very own.”
- “Died He for me who caused His pain; for me, who Him to death pursued.”
- Jesus said, “No man takes my life from me. I lay it down on my own initiative. I have authority to lay it down and I have authority to take it up again” (John 10:18).
- “For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ” (II Corinthians 5:21).
- “What shall we say about such wonderful things as these? If God is for us, who can ever be against us? Since he did not spare even his own Son but gave him up for us all, won’t he also give us everything else?” (Romans 8:31-32).