- We will express irritations in a loving, specific and positive way rather than holding things in or being negative.
- We will not exaggerate or attack the other person during the course of a disagreement.
- We will attempt to control the emotional intensity of communication. (No yelling or uncontrollable anger).
- We will try not to let the sun go down on our anger or run away from each other during a disagreement.
- We will try not to interrupt the other person when he/she is talking.
- We will carefully listen when the other person is talking, rather than thinking up a defense.
- We will not toss in past failures of the other person in the course of an argument.
- When something is important enough for one person to discuss, it is also important for the other person.