Like most parents, my wife and I tried to build positive character traits into the lives of our four children.
These are traits that are necessary for both surviving and thriving in the world.
Yet caution is advised because positives can easily become negatives.
Life is a balancing act.
We tried to be conscious about what I call trimming the positives to protect them from the negatives.
- Think of ways you can build the 10 positive traits below into the lives of your children.
- How can you do this without allowing the negatives to destroy the positives?
Your strategy as parents will likely change based on the personality, temperament and challenges with each child.
And never forget that your example will be the most important factor in shaping their lives.
Positives without negatives
- Confident without being arrogant.
- Humble without being weak.
- Determined without being stubborn.
- Teachable without being gullible.
- Friendly without being naive.
- A servant without being an enabler.
- Merciful without being undiscerning.
- Discerning without being a critic.
- Capable without being overly self-reliant.
- Godly without being Pharisaic.