How can we know if someone is a true follower of Christ?
- Is it right to try to discern the authenticity of another person’s faith?
- Isn’t this a private matter between the person and God?
I can think of a few important reasons why we sometimes have to do our best to discern the authenticity of someones faith.
- Most importantly because we love the person and want what is eternally best for her.
- Sometimes we must know about their faith because we don’t want to violate II Corinthians 6:14-15 – by being unequally yoked together with an unbeliever.
- We especially need to know when deciding whether or not to marry another person (see: I Corinthians 7:39).
- There is also a great danger of self-deception on this matter (Matthew 7:21-23).
When evaluating the genuineness of another’s faith, always be sure to search your own heart first. Jesus said, “You…
View original post 970 more words