People who are discontent often try to spread their discontentment to others.
- Don’t let them drag you down.
- Call them out of their negativity.
Don’t be part of the group identified as “grumblers and faultfinders” (Jude 16).
Words of warning and encouragement
- Philippians 2:14-15 – “Do everything without complaining and arguing, so that no one can criticize you. Live clean, innocent lives as children of God, shining like bright lights in a world full of crooked and perverse people.” (NLT)
- I Thessalonians 5:18 – “In everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. ” Spirit-filled people are “always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ” (Ephesians 5:20). God calls us to be extravagantly grateful! A moderately grateful person is not doing life in the will of God.
- I Corinthians 13:7 – ” “Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.” (NLT)
- Titus 3:10-11 – “If people are causing divisions among you, give a first and second warning. After that, have nothing more to do with them. For people like that have turned away from the truth, and their own sins condemn them.” (NLT)