- –The answer will not help the man who has lost the question.
God seems to be increasingly irrelevant to the pressing concerns of this life. Life on the horizontal level so often distracts people from the vertical realities of God and eternity.
Perhaps part of our missional challenge is helping people understand connections between God and the horizontal issues of daily life. Jesus relentlessly insisted on connections between earth and heaven; between time and eternity; creation and God; finite and infinite; seen and unseen. Jesus repeatedly moved from what was seen, known and familiar to teach lessons about what is unseen, spiritual and eternal.
A starting point for many would be to point to God as our Maker. God created us and therefore knows what it best for us. We were created by Him and for Him (Colossians 1:16). We were made to live in a dependent relationship under God’s loving rule. Man is not meant to live by bread alone but by every word that comes from the mouth of God (Matthew 4:4).
- Look more closely at this great message as a challenge and a guide for those who desire to be effective witnesses for Christ in our times.
- The search for God
- There is a God.
- God created everything.
- God rules everything.
- God is not confined by you.
- God is not enhanced by you.
- You are dependent on God.
- God controls history and destiny.
- All humans must answer to God.
- Final evidence in the resurrection of Christ