My wife and I moved to the community of Millersville, Pennsylvania, (USA) in 1985 to join a small group of people in starting a new Church.
Original facility pictured here —————————->
After serving the Millersville community for 21 years, an Evangelical Mennonite congregation steadily dwindled until 1985, when only seven members remained. Finding it impossible to move forward, this small group implemented a series of decisions that were as unlikely as they were courageous.
Recognizing the strategic value of their location near the campus of Millersville State University, they determined that the Church should make an effort to move forward with a new identity and new leadership with fresh vision and energy.
Millersville Bible Church began on June 3rd of 1985 from this little group of people. We are now a large Church with five full time pastors, multiple staff and two sites.
MBC is a healthy and growing congregation with ministry that extends far beyond the borders of the town in which it began!
(Worship and Education facility on 15 acres)
Throughout the many years of growth, we emphasized the seven points below.
- Emphasis on qualified spiritual leadership: 1 Timothy 3; Titus 1; Hebrews 13:17.
- Emphasis on unity: Ephesians 4:3; Philippians 2:14-15; John 17:21
- Emphasis on humility in service: Luke 17:10; Mark 10:45; Philippians 2:3-5
- Emphasis on every member ministry: Ephesians 4:16; Hebrews 3:12-13
- Emphasis on grace in debatable matters: Romans 14:3
- Emphasis on loving God by serving others: Hebrews 6:10;10:23-25 .
- Emphasis on evangelism, discipleship and salt and light influence: Acts 1:8; Rom.1:16; Matt. 5:13-16; 28:19-20
As a relationship covenant for the followers of Christ
As we yield to the work of God’s Spirit in our lives, our words, attitudes and actions toward one another will be expressed lovingly, joyfully, peacefully, patiently, kindly, generously, faithfully, gently and with self-control (Galatians 5:22-23).