The seven points below survey the deception used to change the way the public thinks about sexuality and marriage. My purpose in exposing this is not to force my beliefs on others or to make it more painful for those who struggle, but to expose a coercive and harmful agenda .
- Use the language of civil rights: Associate gay rights with earlier battles for racial and gender equality. Claim that a desire for homosexual sex is an inborn condition, not a choice. Assume that a gullible and complacent public will fall for the false comparison. Repeatedly mention gays and lesbians as if talking about an ethnic group. Associate all opposition to gay marriage with intolerance and prejudice.
- Use the language of hate and irrational fear: Convince the public that those who speak against gay marriage are racist haters who have irrational phobias. Those who don’t support homosexual behavior must be considered homophobic, hateful bigots. Make them out to be irrational religious fanatics who destroy civility. Deceive the public into thinking that opponents of gay marriage are marginally dangerous people who cling to bigoted ancient laws of a by-gone era.
- Expose heterosexual hypocrisy: Talk often about how marriage as an institution has failed. Make Christians appear to be hypocritically unconcerned about their own marriage crisis in order to silence them on opposition to gay marriage.
- Use the language of justice: Make those who oppose gay marriage appear to be unfair perpetrators of injustice. Make them out to be selfish for wanting to keep marriage for themselves and denying loving people the opportunities to have the same rights and freedoms other people enjoy.
- Use the language of religion: Connect gay rights to religious freedom and claim God’s approval of gay relationships. Manipulate people into thinking that religion should only be about love and tolerance. Although every major faith for most of history condemned homosexual behavior, convince people that it’s the view of only a radical fringe group of fundamentalists.
- Play the victim card: Use every crime or death that can be connected in any measure to homosexuality in order to make it appear that homosexuals need special laws to protect them from violence. Lure people to believe that outspoken opposition to gay marriage incites hate, violence and suicide. This will especially play on the gullibility of Christians and silence them.
- Use judicial coercion: Since State after State has approved constitutional amendments to protect traditional marriage, judicially bully people into acceptance of gay marriage by manipulating the judiciary. Four justices in Massachusetts unilaterally imposed gay marriage on the entire state (even though surveys indicated that the majority of residents did not favor gay marriage — even in Massachusetts).
These tactics have been used to pressure the public to conform to the radical agenda of militant homosexuals. There are many gays who are opposed to and embarrassed by the agenda to create special status for the kind of sex desired by those who prefer homosexuality.
The truth is that those who prefer same sex relationships are free as consenting adults to engage in the behavior in every state of this country. And, if they are wrongly treated for their choices, they have the same laws to protect them that cover the rest of society. But creating special status for their sexual desires and imposing a radical redefinition of the institution of marriage and family on the nation will cause significant civil and social unrest.
Are we actually prepared to make the kind of sex people desire a civil right? This is not about discrimination (of the civil rights kind) because this kind of discrimination injures people for what they are by nature not for the sex they desire.