To live this way requires a kenosis mentality for our mission (Philippians 2:3-11)
Three tensions we must embrace:
- “Culturalizing without compromising”
- “Permeation without contamination”
- “Identifying without losing our identity”
Three challenges for the Church: (as articulated by the late John R. W. Stott)
- Breaking out of the safety of our Christian stockades
- Entering sympathetically into the dilemmas of our contemporaries.
- Applying Biblical solutions to unmask false and harmful ideologies.
What is the gospel?
Video: by John Piper
Document: by D. A. Carson